Structural Design Engineer
|Salary Range:||Base, Bonus|
|Benefits:||Med, Den, Vis, Life, Retirement, PTO|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Water - Construction Operations|
The position of Structural Design Engineer is responsible for design, calculations, and other tasks related to engineering activities for above ground storage tanks, pressure vessels, elevated water tanks and related structures.
- Interpret customer specifications, design standards and building codes
- Design atmospheric storage tanks, pressure vessels and elevated storage tanks
- Design related foundations, structures and components
- Prepare design calculations
- Direct detailing work and review/stamp drawings
- Design construction equipment, systems and temporary supports
- Develop spreadsheet and other tools for design/analysis
- Implement design and detailing standards and procedures
- Support of sales, estimating, project management, fabrication, and construction operations groups
- Provide limited supervision to others through motivation, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
- General Direction: receive very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operate within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. )
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Excel experience is essential)
- Proficient in aboveground storage tank design software (Etank and ITSdesign) )
- Proficient in pressure vessel design software (COMPRESS) )
- Proficient in 2D drafting software. 3D is a plus (AutoCAD) )
- Familiarity with FEA software is a plus (ANSYS)
EOE/AA - M/F/D/V
Landmark Structures 1, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelorís degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of related design experience
- Practical knowledge of the fabrication and construction of storage tank / pressure vessel projects
- Structural and mechanical drawing development and review
- Working knowledge of relevant codes, standards and specifications: API, AWWA, ASME, AISC, ACI, IBC
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations Requirements:
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) or Structural Engineer (S.E.) License
Technology Proficiency Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excel experience is essential
- Proficient in aboveground storage tank design software (Etank and ITSdesign)
- Proficient in pressure vessel design software (COMPRESS)
- Proficient in 2D drafting software. 3D is a plus (AutoCAD)
- Familiarity with FEA software is a plus (ANSYS)
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/shop environment with adequate ventilation
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Competencies: To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem solving and innovation: Works well alone and in groups to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; meets challenges with resourcefulness and generates suggestions for improving work; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Organizational support: Follows all policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Planning/organizing: Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; completes administrative duties to facilitate accounting, payroll, and HR departments; collaborates with Company management on special projects involving construction methods and processes to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of the organization; efficiently delegates, organizes or schedules crew and their tasks
- Communication: Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings and demonstrates group discussion skills; writes clearly and informatively; reads and interprets written information effectively; presents numerical data effectively
- Self management: Assess own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily; shares expertise with others; asks for and offers help when needed
- Attendance/dependability/flexibility: Consistently at work and meetings on time; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; follows managerís directions; keeps commitments and completes tasks on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; deals effectively with frequent delays, unexpected events and changes in/or approaches/methods to best fit the situation
- Quality/cost management: Meets productivity standards and completes work in timely manner; looks for ways to improve and promote safety and quality; monitors own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness; conserves organizational resources
- Leadership: Fosters and upholds Company values, quality, integrity, and ethics; exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; gives appropriate recognition to others; sets and achieves goals; provides regular performance feedback and supports crewmembers efforts to succeed
- Interpersonal skills/professionalism: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; reacts well under pressure; interacts with managers and peers in a professional manner
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; treats fellow employees with respect; contributes to building a positive team spirit; shows respect and sensitivity for others; includes employees in planning, decision making, and process improvement
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.