|Benefits:||Base, Bonus, Insurance, Retirement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The position of Fire Watch is responsible for ensuring safe entry and exit of confined space environments. The ideal candidate will posses aptitude to learn and be trained in coatings operations under guidance from Landmark coatings leadership.
- Monitor entry and exit of confined space
- Log entry and exit activities of Landmark personnel
- Ensure compliance with Landmark Safety Policy related to confined spaces
- Operate various types of equipment such as blast pots and spray guns
- Knowledge of various painting methods and applications
- Spray with consistent millage
- Knowledge of various blasts
- Prepare surfaces
- Mix paints to desired colors and consistencies
- Understanding or reading of drawings and/or blueprints
- Position does not directly supervise the work of others.
- Immediate supervision: receive close supervision related to specific work activities, assignments, methods, etc; usually receive frequent surveillance over job activities; instructions are detailed and assignments are typical short-term.
EOE/AA - M/F/D/V
Landmark Structures 1, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in environment described below
- Ability to pass 50 state background screen for clearance to enter and perform work on a military base
- Hole or Fire watch certification – Preferred
- Confined space and rescue training - Preferred
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is repeatedly required to climb vertical ladders.
- The employee is also regularly required to talk, hear, or smell as well as use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee must regularly apply 75 foot pounds of torque in the assembly, dismantling, erection, and installation of various types of structures, tank jig, scaffolding, etc.
- Regularly swings a 10 pound hammer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock
- There is machinery, moving equipment (cranes, bulldozers, and other moving equipment) and electrical hand tools at the jobsite
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Competencies: To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem solving and innovation: Works well alone and in groups to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; meets challenges with resourcefulness and generates suggestions for improving work; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Organizational support: Follows all policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Planning/organizing: Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; completes administrative duties to facilitate accounting, payroll, and HR departments; collaborates with Company management on special projects involving construction methods and processes to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of the organization; efficiently delegates, organizes or schedules crew and their tasks
- Communication: Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings and demonstrates group discussion skills; writes clearly and informatively; reads and interprets written information effectively; presents numerical data effectively
- Self management: Assess own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily; shares expertise with others; asks for and offers help when needed
- Attendance/dependability/flexibility: Consistently at work and meetings on time; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; follows manager’s directions; keeps commitments and completes tasks on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; deals effectively with frequent delays, unexpected events and changes in/or approaches/methods to best fit the situation
- Interpersonal skills/professionalism: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; reacts well under pressure; interacts with managers and peers in a professional manner
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; treats fellow employees with respect; contributes to building a positive team spirit; shows respect and sensitivity for others; includes employees in planning, decision making, and process improvement
- Extensive overnight travel (over 50%) by land and/or air
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.