|Location:||Burlington, ON (Canada)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Finance & Accounting|
Landmark Structures is seeking a Controller to join our finance and accounting team. This position is located at our company facility in Burlington Ontario. In this role, you will be responsible for meeting the finance, accounting, systems, and general office requirements of the company. Reporting to the U.S. Chief Financial Officer, you will partner with the Canadian Site Manager to successfully service all construction, fabrication, and maintenance operations while meeting the financial objectives of the business.
- Coordinate and prepare monthly accounting close and financial forecasts
- Coordinate financial audit and tax return preparation with outside auditors
- Prepare periodic variance analysis and explanations
- Ensure accurate recording of revenue, costs, and inventory transactions
- Monitor cost and capital spending activity
- Conduct various cost studies, analyses, and rate development
- Provide maintenance and control of the financial systems
- Recommend and implement approved process and control enhancements
- Serve as key financial point of contact for queries or analysis relating to the business
- Provide management support and assistance in all functional business areas
- Support U.S. finance and accounting operations as required
EOE/AA - M/F/D/V
Landmark Structures is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; Some Cost Accounting Background Preferred
- General Office Management Skills and Experience Preferred
- Three to five years relevant experience in a Financial Site Controller Role
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and experience in all other Microsoft Office products
- System maintenance/implementation experience a strong plus
- Must possess effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to comprehend and interpret regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Ability to work in a team environment across all levels of the organization is essential
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem solving and innovation: Works well alone and in groups to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; meets challenges with resourcefulness and generates suggestions for improving work; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Organizational support: Follows all policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Planning/organizing: Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; completes administrative duties to facilitate accounting, payroll, and HR departments; collaborates with Company management on special projects involving construction methods and processes to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of the organization; efficiently delegates, organizes or schedules crew and their tasks
- Communication: Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings and demonstrates group discussion skills; writes clearly and informatively; reads and interprets written information effectively; presents numerical data effectively
- Self management: Assess own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily; shares expertise with others; asks for and offers help when needed
- Attendance/dependability/flexibility: Consistently at work and meetings on time; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; follows managerís directions; keeps commitments and completes tasks on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; deals effectively with frequent delays, unexpected events and changes in/or approaches/methods to best fit the situation
- Quality/cost management: Meets productivity standards and completes work in timely manner; looks for ways to improve and promote safety and quality; monitors own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness; conserves organizational resources
- Leadership: Fosters and upholds Company values, quality, integrity, and ethics; exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; gives appropriate recognition to others; sets and achieves goals; provides regular performance feedback and supports crewmembers efforts to succeed
- Interpersonal skills/professionalism: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; reacts well under pressure; interacts with managers and peers in a professional manner
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; treats fellow employees with respect; contributes to building a positive team spirit; shows respect and sensitivity for others; includes employees in planning, decision making, and process improvement
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.