|Benefits:||Base, Bonus, Retirement, Time Off|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The position of CAD Technician is responsible for the technical tasks of performing drafting work to create and modify the design of the applicable engineering areas.
- Perform advanced and specialized drafting (2D and 3D) to support design activities
- Develop graphic presentations that include design features
- Prepare design plans for structures and other projects
- Calculate quantities for design purposes
- Use automated programs, interactive graphics, and design/construction information systems
- Develop fabrication and field erection drawings for tank construction within standards of API 620, 650, and 653
- Develop drawing standards for tank construction compliant with API 620, 650, and 653
- Coordinate with client, engineer, fabrication, and construction to meet fabrication and constructability requirements
- Self-check own work for completeness and accuracy to ensure standards have been met
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a recognized CAD training facility (two-year college or technical school) – Preferred
- 5 to 10 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility in similar CAD positions
- Experience performing CAD tasks for structure, civil, and mechanical design of projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD
Exposure to, and knowledge of, the following standards as they apply to detailing:
- API 620 Standard: Design and Construction of Large, Low-Pressure Storage Tanks
- API 650 Standard: Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage
- API 653 Standard: Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/shop environment with adequate ventilation
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
EOE/AA - M/F/Vet/Disability
Landmark Structures I, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.