|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Benefits:||Base, Bonus, Retirement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Civil Construction Operations|
The position of Civil Leadman is responsible for various aspects of civil construction including site development, form, concrete, carpentry, and rodbusting work.
- Practices safe working habits and proper use of personal protective equipment
- Attends and participates in crew safety meetings
- Immediately reports all incidents and unsafe site, equipment or rigging conditions to supervisor
- Understands and practices the Landmark Safety Policy. Observes all safety practices and procedures
- Maintains Landmark property, equipment, jobsite, office and tool house in a clean and orderly fashion
- Arrive at jobsite or departure point on time
- Interacts with supervisors and peers in a professional manner
- Follows and supports company policy and procedures
- Improves personal skills and training and those of fellow employees
- Assist supervisors in establishing material and equipment requirements for job
- Perform work to quality standards
- Basic surveying and general layout abilities
- Rigging knowledge
- Signaling of cranes and other heavy construction equipment
- Safe operation of construction tools and equipment
- Fall protection methods
- Understanding of OSHA Part 1926
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years of similar experience
- Experience setting forms for concrete pours for the construction of concrete structures
- Experience tying rebar
- Experience in various aspects of dirtwork and earthwork for site development
- Valid Driver License - Preferred
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is repeatedly required to climb vertical ladders.
- The employee is also regularly required to talk, hear, or smell as well as use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The employee must regularly apply 75 foot pounds of torque in the assembly, dismantling, erection, and installation of various types of structures, tank jig, scaffolding, etc.
- Regularly swings a 10 pound hammer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions
- The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock
- There is machinery, moving equipment (cranes, bulldozers, and other moving equipment) and electrical hand tools at the jobsite
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Extensive overnight travel (over 50%) by land and/or air
EOE/AA - M/F/Vet/Disability
Landmark Structures I, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.