|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Benefits:||Base, Bonus, PTO, Retirement, Insurance|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The position of Procurement Manager is responsible for the leadership, direction, development, management, and administration of Landmarkís procurement functional responsibilities. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the development of procurement practices, policies, and procedures that support organizational growth and expansion in to various markets.
- Plan and oversee all purchasing aspects from pre-bid to closeout of numerous projects various markets
- Support contract negotiation and policy formulation with suppliers, subcontractors, and professional service providers
- Collaborate with project management and other departments for negotiation of commercial terms and conditions with equipment vendors, material vendors, professional service providers, and subcontractors, while consulting with senior management to minimize project and corporate risk while maintaining commercial competitiveness
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying materials, equipment, subcontract, and professional services
- Administer the process for qualification and evaluation process for vendors of materials and equipment, subcontractors and professional service providers
- Develop and implement procurement and contract administration instructions, policies, and procedures
- Interface with engineering for the development of specifications for equipment, or materials
- Provide feedback to assist in analyzing market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability
- Oversee the preparation/issuance of Request for Proposals (RFPís) and evaluation vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule
- Communicate and enforce procurement policies & procedures to project management team
- Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procurement policies and procedures are followed
- Oversee the development and review of all procurement analytics, reporting, and deliverables
- Review and update working procedures, documents, and systems to keep pace with legal requirements, competition, and market innovations
- Manage the maintenance of records of goods ordered and received
- Oversee staff training
- Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of personnel.
- General Direction: receive very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operate within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
EOE/AA - M/F/D/V
Landmark Structures I, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Bachelorís degree in Supply Management, Business, Engineering, Construction Science, or comparable field of study - Preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility in a supervisory role in a construction organization
- Experience that demonstrates knowledge and competencies performing procurement functions in support of steel purchasing
- Knowledge of industry specifications related to steel and steel fabrication
- Significant experience in managing full-service procurement operations (purchasing, subcontracting, expediting, source inspection, transportation logistics, and field material control) on construction projects, including drafting and formulating contracts, bidding, negotiating and administering major purchase orders and subcontracts
- Experience in a strong business, construction management, and delivery methodologies background
- Knowledge of specifications in the American Water Works Association specifications for Steel Water Storage Tanks
- Knowledge of specifications of interior and exterior industrial coatings systems, lead abatement, and abrasive blasting
- Experience purchasing mechanical parts such as valves, vents, piping, pipe connections, and reservoirs
- Experience purchasing welding consumables such as aluminum alloys, cast iron, copper-based alloys, dissimilar materials, low-alloyed steels, mild steels, nickel-based alloys, spools, stainless and high-alloyed steels and titanium
- Experience purchasing welding equipment such as Inverters, plasma cutting packages and torches, rectifiers, wire feeders, arc air gouging, cables and connections, chemical sundries, disposable masks, drying equipment, electrode holders, eye-wear, fillet gauges, fume extraction, gloves, and head protection
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Competencies: To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem solving and innovation: Works well alone and in groups to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; meets challenges with resourcefulness and generates suggestions for improving work; exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Organizational support: Follows all policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Planning/organizing: Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; completes administrative duties to facilitate accounting, payroll, and HR departments; collaborates with Company management on special projects involving construction methods and processes to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of the organization; efficiently delegates, organizes or schedules crew and their tasks
- Communication: Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings and demonstrates group discussion skills; writes clearly and informatively; reads and interprets written information effectively; presents numerical data effectively
- Self management: Assess own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily; shares expertise with others; asks for and offers help when needed
- Attendance/dependability/flexibility: Consistently at work and meetings on time; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; follows managerís directions; keeps commitments and completes tasks on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; deals effectively with frequent delays, unexpected events and changes in/or approaches/methods to best fit the situation
- Quality/cost management: Meets productivity standards and completes work in timely manner; looks for ways to improve and promote safety and quality; monitors own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness; conserves organizational resources
- Personnel management: Directs two to ten crewmembers; supports Company core values, policies, and procedures; provides day to day coaching and positive motivation; provides skills training to foster growth; conducts crewmember evaluations by identifying individual contributions, improvement opportunities, setting goals, and reinforcing Company expectations; proactive in preventing and resolving crewmember issues
- Leadership: Fosters and upholds Company values, quality, integrity, and ethics; exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; gives appropriate recognition to others; sets and achieves goals; provides regular performance feedback and supports crewmembers efforts to succeed
- Interpersonal skills/professionalism: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; reacts well under pressure; interacts with managers and peers in a professional manner
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; treats fellow employees with respect; contributes to building a positive team spirit; shows respect and sensitivity for others; includes employees in planning, decision making, and process improvement
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.