Civil Construction Coordinator
|Location:||Fort Worth, TX|
|Salary Range:||Competitive, DOE|
|Benefits:||Base, Bonus, Retirement, Time Off|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Civil Construction Operations|
The Civil Construction Coordinator will perform the technical and coordination support functions for field execution of construction works. The Civil Construction Coordinator will work under the direction of the construction leadership to perform tasks related to various functions of construction coordination and management including solving technical issues related to field support, construction process, scheduling field resource, ensuring administrative process is carried out, environmental health & safety support, and quality control.
Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for the performance of coordination efforts among various support departments ensuring field needs are met.
- Develop and communicate construction plans for applicable phases of projects ensuring proper training of field resources for safe construction execution.
- Ensure specifications and standards are met with regard to materials purchased while maintaining financial stewardship of company resources.
- Solve technical construction problems reaching out to other personnel as needed and proactively gain exposure to, and experience in the field.
- Effective communication and coordination with field supervision to distribute, collect, and review administrative elements of field reporting to and from the office.
- Perform the day to day work activities of civil office coordination and technical support; Responsible to carry-out coordination efforts for organizational objectives safely, with a high standard of consistent quality.
- Participates with peers to perform and administer internal standards, policies, and procedures for execution of construction operations; identifies areas for improvement and implements changes.
- Accountable for completion assigned tasks/projects under direction from the Civil Construction Manager; Works to ensure that sufficient plans and preparation have been performed to allow quality work to be completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Models organizational values; Sets standard for behavior congruent with company ethics, morals, and expectations; Demonstrates character of integrity in day to day tasks; Supports the companyís strategic plan, goals and ideas communicating the core values of the Company.
- Ensures safety policies, procedures, and applicable OSHA guidelines are properly followed; Hold accountable company expectations for all employees in regards to safety, quality, attendance, attitude, effort, employee relations and responsibility for self and others.
- Participates in employee evaluations by demonstrating individual contributions, identifying improvement opportunities, setting goals, and reinforcing company expectations; Proactive in preventing and resolving issues and complaints with peers and management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor degree from a four year college or university in construction, engineering, or comparable technical field OR minimum of 10 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility in a supervisory role.
- Minimum of 5 years of similar experience of progressive responsibility in a technical similar construction support and coordination capacity.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Exposure to discipline-specific industry standards.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in performing heavy concrete-pours, rebar-tying, and civil surveying.
- Strong knowledge of Environmental and Safety standards and requirements for environmental and hazardous risks to perform heavy concrete-pours, rebar-tying, and civil surveying.
- Experience demonstrating ability to lead, direct, and develop personnel in general civil functions to perform heavy concrete-pours, rebar-tying, and civil surveying.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- Language Skills:Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematic Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/shop environment with adequate ventilation.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Problem Solving and Innovation: Works well alone and in groups to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; meets challenges with resourcefulness and generates suggestions for improving work; exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Organizational Support: Follows all policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing: Uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; completes administrative duties to facilitate accounting, payroll, and HR departments; collaborates with Company management on special projects involving construction methods and processes to improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of the organization; efficiently delegates, organizes or schedules personnel and their tasks.
- Communication: Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings and demonstrates group discussion skills; writes clearly and informatively; reads and interprets written information effectively; presents numerical data effectively.
- Self-Management: Assess own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily; shares expertise with others; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Attendance/Dependability/Flexibility: Consistently at work and meetings on time; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; follows managerís directions; keeps commitments and completes tasks on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; deals effectively with frequent delays, unexpected events and changes in/or approaches/methods to best fit the situation.
- Quality/Cost Management: Meets productivity standards and completes work in timely manner; looks for ways to improve and promote safety and quality; monitors own work to ensure quality, accuracy and thoroughness; conserves organizational resources.
- Personnel Management: Directs personnel; supports Company core values, policies, and procedures; provides day to day coaching and positive motivation; provides skills training to foster growth; conducts personnel evaluations by identifying individual contributions, improvement opportunities, setting goals, and reinforcing Company expectations; proactive in preventing and resolving personnel issues.
- Leadership: Fosters and upholds Company values, quality, integrity, and ethics; exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; gives appropriate recognition to others; sets and achieves goals; provides regular performance feedback and supports efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills/Professionalism: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; reacts well under pressure; interacts with managers and peers in a professional manner.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; treats fellow employees with respect; contributes to building a positive team spirit; shows respect and sensitivity for others; includes employees in planning, decision making, and process improvement.
EOE/AA - M/F/Vet/Disability
Landmark Structures I, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.